The Kootenay HX from SMC is the most advanced Knot Passing Pulley (KPP) on the market. This is an entirely new and more compact design and lives up to its “HX” – High Performance name as the lightest KPP on the market which is UL Certified to NFPA General Use.
Durable, strong and efficient… This versatile piece of equipment is essential for the rescue professional gear cache.
Light weight aluminum side plates are used in conjunction with a high-strength aluminum sheave. Sealed ball bearings provide optimal efficiency and help to reduce the performance-robbing resistance that is inherent in most multiple component systems.
The primary carabiner hole accepts numerous rescue carabiners. Secondary carabiner holes are provided for use with tax or belay lines. Two quick-release pins may be used to “lock off” the sheave when a high strength tie-off is required. Adding to its versatility, the Kootenay HX may also serve as an edge roller for rope protection.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- UL certified to NFPA 1983 “G” General Use.
- Features a high efficiency ball bearing.
- Placement of sheave and overall volume of pulley help to handle larger knots.
- Secondary carabiner holes are provided for use with tag or belay lines.
- Includes two pins that are used to “lock off” the sheave for a high strength tie-off.
- Matched double-bend side plates help to eliminate compression under load and the resulting friction on rope or sheave.
- Wide base design and volume help to provide stability when used standing as an Edge Roller.
- Made in the USA.
- Model #: NFPA125500
- Type: Single
- Axle: Aluminum
- Bearing: Ball Bearing
- Material: Aluminum
- Dimensions: 8.67″ x 4.34”
- Weight: 26.4 oz (750g)
- Sheave: 3.455” aluminum
- 3 Sigma MBS: 38kN (8,542 lbf)
- NFPA1983 Certified
- Made In USA