|11 mm Model||333010||2.6 lb (1.2 kg)||11 mm (7/16 in)||Slate||General Use||Technical Use||44 kN (9,891 lbf)||20 kN (4,496 lbf)||$ 735|
|13 mm Model||333000||2.6 lb (1.2 kg)||13 mm (1/2 in)||Red||General Use||General Use||44 kN (9,891 lbf)||23 kN (5,170 lbf)||$ 735|
The MPD allows you to go from lowering to raising without changing hardware. More than nine years of research and development went into the patented Multi-Purpose Device (MPD), which features major innovations in advanced technical hardware for rope rescue professionals. The MPD’s high-efficiency pulley, with an integral rope-grab mechanism, allows it to be used as a lowering device on the main line and belay line systems and be quickly changed over to a raising system without switching out or replacing hardware. The combination of essential features into a single device simplifies on-scene rigging, expediting the rescue. The revolutionary MPD increases user safety with:
- Reduced Weight
- Fewer Components
- Faster Rigging
- Quick Changeovers
- Simplified Training
- Lower Risk
The MPD is UL Classified as a pulley, descent control device and belay device.
- Variable-friction descent control device for rescue systems and rappels
- Incorporates a high efficiency pulley with an integral rope-locking mechanism (ratchet) for a haul system
- Built-in becket allows cleaner rigging and more efficient pulley systems
- Allows main line and belay line rigging to be mirrored or twin-tensioned
- Functions as both a lowering brake and as a ratcheting pulley for raising
- Ideal for confined space operations because it converts rapidly to a retrieval line
The MPD comes with a padded Cordura nylon storage bag and User’s Manual.
*13 mm version designed for use with 12.5 – 13 mm rope. Rope used for certification rounded up to 13 mm per NFPA 1983. 11 mm model is designed for and tested with 11 mm rope. 11 mm model UL rated “T” Technical Use for descent control.
Find out what others are saying about the CMC MPD!
The MPD CE certified model is available for purchase through a CMC Rescue dealer.
MPD Quick Reference Training Videos
Produced by Tom Pendley of Desert Rescue Research, the videos shot during actual training highlight basic features and how to’s with the MPD.