The HYDRA is a triple attachment pulley which features a swivel-top connection to facilitate the pulley's use on the saddle bridge, and for use in climbing systems. Rubber o-rings line the connection points to assist in holding carabiners tightly to avoid dangerous cross-loading.
Any tool for arborists needs to be lightweight, durable and serve a variety of functions. The HYDRA fits that description by providing the functionality of a pulley with a rigplate. The HYDRA’s swivel top offers three connection points lined with rubber o-rings to grip carabiners tightly. The simplest use of the HYDRA pulley is on the rope bridge of the saddle, but it can be used in a variety of advanced ways. The Hydra is used in ascent systems, lanyard systems, flip lines, or as a redirect as shown below. In any configuration, the use of the HYDRA is greatly enhanced by the flexibility to add multiple connections and rotate when needed.
- Use on the saddle bridge, as a lanyard adjuster or in your climbing system
- Eliminates twisting of the climbing line when used as a rolling attachment point on the saddle bridge
- Rubber grommet-lined attachment points hold carabiners snugly to help prevent cross-loading
- Pulley sheave uses high-efficiency bearing for smooth operation
- Pulley body is machined from solid aluminum to increase strength and decrease weight
Weight: 20 oz (575 gm)
MBS: 2 x 14 kN=28 kN
WLL: 2 x 2.5 kN=5 kN
Max Rope: 13 mm
Sheave Dia: 2.1(53mm)